Friday, October 17, 2008

Lament

Yesterday we went to McDonald's as a family treat. The store in the south part of town has been remodeled and had a new Playland installed. The Happy Meal toys were Barbies and Hot Wheels. The kids were ecstatic. My wife is chasing the elusive dream of winning Mickey D's annual monopoly game. My beloved Southern Style Chicken Sandwich is one of the items that comes with game pieces. Everybody was happy.

Everybody should've been happy. Then I looked at the menu. My new favorite sandwich is $2.99. Some time in the recent past, ( it's only been three months since they released the sandwich) the price had tripled. Tripled! Let me say that a third time, because it TRIPLED! Get me addicted and then jack up the price?! I thought only crack dealers did that.

3 comments:

Lois said...

I will win McDonald's monopoly, I will win McDonald's monopoly...

Rainbows, unicorns, rainbows, unicorns...

Vorquel said...

What is this, the reign of insanity?

Cassandra Barney said...

Let's talk about dolls for a minute. I've been looking at the website of that Vancouver girl. They are so beautiful. I saw one of my dad's figures on one of her videos. Ha...you were right. Thanks for the link.I want to see what you're working on.
C